Instructions for Tents
Tent Setup Photo Series:
1. Find footprint and lay out on a clean, debris-free site.
2. Unfold and lay tent body on top of footprint.
3. Assemble the pole structure.
4. Place color-coded tent poles into foot connector at the circular hole closest to the tent body, connecting the red pole ends to the red tent foot connectors and silver pole ends to silver tent foot connectors.
5. Clip tent body to poles. Attach clips with red webbing to red poles and clips with silver webbing to silver poles.
6. If your tent model uses a ridge pole, slide the silver ridge pole through the ridge pole connector.
7. Stake out the tent using the red cord at the tent foot connector. Use enough tension on all corners so the floor lays flat and smooth.
8. Lay rainfly over tent body, centering the zippers over the doors of the tent.
9. Attach hook-and-loop fasteners on the underside of the rainfly onto tent poles to increase stability.
10. Attach rainfly to tent foot connector by inserting into the foot connector channel.
11. Stake out vestibule and remaining sides of rainfly. Adjust tension using the tension lock hardware.
12. Stake out the guylines for the rainfly by inserting the rainfly toggle through the reflective cord loop on the rainfly.
13. Adjust tension using the storm line adjusters to shorten or lengthen the guylines.
To Use Stargazer Mode:
1. Disconnect the rainfly from the foot connector at the front of the tent.
2. Roll up the rainfly.
3. Secure the rolled rainfly with the toggle and loop on the top of the ten body.
To Use Fast Pitch Mode:
1. Layout footprint on a clean, debris-free site.
2. Assemble the pole structure.
3. Place color-coded tent poles into foot connector at the circular hole closest to the footprint, connecting the red pole ends to the red footprint foot connectors and silver pole ends to silver footprint foot connectors.
4. Lay rainfly over the pole structure.
5. Attach hook-and-loop fasteners on the underside of the rainfly onto tent poles.
6. Attach rainfly to footprint foot connector by inserting into channel.
7. Adjust tension webbing at corners until the rainfly is taut.
8. Stake out vestibule and remaining sides of rainfly.
Tips & Tricks:
1. The included stake bag is designed to act as a light diffuser allowing you to use a headlamp or flashlight as a tent light!
2. All AMPEX tents have internal connections that integrate with AMPEX backpacks that have a removeable top compartment.
3. If you have hiking poles, you can use them at the campsite to prop open the rainfly vestibule door for extra covered space.
4. When packing up, use the tent poles (in the pole bag) to determine the width you must fold the tent body, footprint and rainfly.
5. Then roll the tent components while tucking in sides that are wider than the tent pole bag. This will ensure you’ll be able to get all components back into the carry bag!